Gautby Great Park: ‘Few places have such an air of deserted splendour.’ Nicolaus Pevsner
Old Hall Stables is a substantial country house, which was built in 1756 as part of the Vyner estate. The house was created by converting the surviving part of the stable block and coach house, which was built to serve Gautby Hall (which no longer exists). The property is on the outskirts of the village of Gautby and lies in an idyllic rural location at the end of a half-mile driveway, with no near neighbours. Old Hall Stables stands within 5 acres of grounds and has a large pond and a small lake. The house and the 18 century ice house, which also stands within the grounds are Grade II listed.
This website is designed to provide information about the history of Old Hall Stables and its place within the village of Gautby and the Vyner family.